Re: [at-l] Extending the AT

Dan:

First, know that i am replying to you publicly since I feel
that this discussion should be open.

I feel much as you do that the extensions, while great, (any new trial
is a victory over development) can only be viewed as other trails
which intersect with the AT (albeit at the ends rather than in the
middle).  To call them the AT is inaccurate.  The Alabama extension
especially departs from the ridge of the AT.  (I have not seen any maps
of the proposed route but this is my surmise).  Put my name on that
petition.

Happy trails (AT and others)

Rich

Richard S. Lubitz (lubitz@alpha.fdu.edu)