Extending the AT

There is beginning to surface the notion that the AT should be extended
northward into Canada and southward into Alabama. I am against extending
the official AT in either direction (although I applaud the new connecting
trails that are being built in Quebec and Alabama). Since there will
undoubtedly be pressure to change the AT in the future, especially from the
Canadian (or Quebec) end, I think it might be a good idea for those of us
who oppose this idea to begin organizing opposition now. Anyone who is
interested may contact me privately at: wingfoot@trailplace.com
Wingfoot