Re: Re: [at-l] re: latrines

>Speaking of solar powered, I've seen references to a solar powered
>
>privy?  Can someone explain?				Kahley

Randolph Outing Club in Whites has a new solar powered privy at the Perch on
Mount Adams.  There is a large composting structure under the privey (has a
neat window so you can see down in to the vallley while sitting on throne).
 Solar power is used to circulate air through the waste to encourage
bacterial breakdown of the material.  This privey was open on July 4th,  has
a great new wood smell.  I have no idea how well it is working but it looks
and smells great.

          Art