[at-l] beasties in the water

We hiked the West Rim Trail (fantastic 30 mile trail in north central PA)
this past week and filtered water (Pur Hiker) at a very low and slow
(hardly moving) stream.  My daughter  had stomach intestinal upset for
two days following our trip and we both suspect the water.  I seem to
have a stronger digestive tract and have not been affected. We are
careful about separating intake and output tubes and are always most
careful of container contamination, etc.  Could it be with the dry
conditions -low water here in PA that there is a higher concentration of
beasties in the water?

Patty Rider
Eagles Mere, PA