[at-l] The Tuck tale

One upon a time, in a state far from the AT, there was a fair maid.
No pampered princess content in a pinky palace, she was a Gypsy in
both heart and soul. And she craved an adventure..to walk for 2000
miles .  She soared thru the sky to the land called Georgia where
she meant a kind man named Sir Milt who packed her on his steed and
took her to the Mountian called Springer.  Here she would find the
trail to that most holy of mountains Katadin and she begin her hike.
The day grew old and night was nigh so Lady Gypsy and Sir Milt sought
shelter near the mountain.  On the way, they met a stranger named
Friar Tuck.  He seemed an affable sort and Sir Milt knew Gypsy would
meet many men on her journey , so her bid her much luck and ado and
left in the nite for his own home far away.

The affable Tuck and our Gypsy spent time before sleep discussing her
plan to walk from the land called Georgia to the land called Maine.

"But prithee, fair maid" asked Tuck. "why dost thou carry such a heavy
load.  It will be cumbersome and cause you injury that will slow your
trip!"

"But Friar" said Gypsy, "I need all these things to keep me whilst on my
way!  I have very little.  What would you have me cast aside?"

Such and invitation could not me ignored and Friar Tuck pounced on our
Gypsy's pack tossing things hither and yon.

"A trowel..use your foot.  A comb....use your fingers.  Your tent has
a floor..whay carry a second!"  "Bottles and bits were flung far and
wide untill only her underwear remained inside.

"No" cried our Gypsy fit to be tied.
One pair" said the Friar as he cast them aside.
When her pack had been plundered he glanced at maid Gypsy.
She started to giggle. He thought is she tipsy?
She laughed at the pile that she no longer needed
and thanked the kind Tuck.

But the gleam in her eye said she kept a secret.

As dawn broke our Gypsy and Tuck parted ways.  He steps were lighter
and her heart even more.  She had hidden her treasure from the
affable Friar.  Her teensy little deoderant was safe.

Off she went to walk 2000 miles ....a trip under construction as this
tale is told.

So whenever madmen and women speak of walking from Georgia to Maine,
the tale is told so we remember his name.

Kind Tuck....Wise Tuck left her only one pair.
And we wonder still, what he did with her spares.