Re: [at-l] Giardia

Most filters require that a hose be place in the water, and one in the, or
on the water bottle.  The particular model, a Sweetwater Guardian, has two
hoses.  One intake, one for cleaned water.

My guess is that the one going into the water became contaminated, and when
I packed the filter, the two hoses became entangled.  When I went to filter
again, the clean hose became contaminated.

Of course this seems a bit far fetched, but I know what I had and how I
felt.  After careful examination of my diet, the trip, etc... this is the
only thing that seemed plausible.

At 04:00 PM 7/29/97 -0400, MManzano@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-07-29 14:37:28 EDT, smarkowitz@mediamap.com (Seth
>Markowitz) writes:
>
><< My guess is that by not
> isolating the filter from the hoses, I cross contaminated the water bottle.
>>>

>Can you explain in more detail what you mean?  I have never done anything
>except pack the filter with attached hoses back into the stuff sack.  o0
>
>Gypsy
>* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *

Seth Markowitz
Account Executive
MediaMap - "Software & Media Information for PR Professionals"
smarkowitz@mediamap.com
ph. 617.374.9300 ext. 273