Re: [at-l] Solo Hiking

> I just have a quick question concerning the safety of solo hiking on the A.T.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but recently Backpacker had some safety
statistics and the one that sticks out best in my mind for when people ask
how safe the AT is:  You're more likely to die because an airplane crashed
into your house than you are to be murdered on the AT.

There's only been a few murders on the AT (the number 9 sitcks out in my mind,
but I'm not sure), but because they are so rare, they make big news.

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
schuyler@rrinc.com              1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200