Re: [at-l] [Fwd: ...]

Just an FYI regarding....
"Jessica Mydek is seven years old and is suffering from acute and very
rare
case of cerebal carcinoma.  this condition causes severe malignant brain
tumors and is a terminal illness.  The doctors have given her six months
live.  As part of her dying wish, she wanted to start a chain letter to
inform people of this condition and to send people the message to live
life
to the fullest and enjoy every moment, a chance that she will never
have."

As quoted in part from http://www.cancer.org/chain.html...

"As far as the American Cancer Society can determine, the story of Jessica
Mydek is completely unsubstantiated. No
fundraising efforts are being made by the American Cancer Society using
chain letters of any kind. Furthermore, the
email address ACS@AOL.COM is inactive. Any messages to the American Cancer
Society should be instead sent through
the American Cancer Society website at http://www.cancer.org.

This particular chain letter with its heartbreaking story appears to have
struck an emotional chord with online users. Although
we are very concerned that the American Cancer Society's name has been used
 to manipulate the online public, we applaud
the good intentions of all who participated in this letter. We are pleased
to note that there are so many caring individuals out
there and hope that they will find another way to support cancer research.
Jessica Mydek's story, whether true or false, is
representative of that of many cancer patients who benefit daily from the
efforts of legitimate cancer organizations nationwide."

It's a nice thought, but I thought I'd save some network traffic out there!
  Back to lurking...
Janet