[at-l] cool finds

hey people!

I found some neat things while i went shopping yesterday...

first i started out at g street fabrics. i found ripstop nylon in two
different weights. the heavier, rougher nylon was $3.79 a yard and the
smoother, thinner nylon was $5.98 a yard. I figure I can get about 2 or
maybe 3 small/medium sized stuff sacks out of half a yard. I bought 2
yards of the heavier stuff and 1/2 a yard of the thinner. I plan on
spraying them with a waterproofing agent once their done.  Much better
than paying $6.00 or more for a crappy one from REI that isn't even
waterproof or $11.00 for an OR waterresistant one. Now i have to find
the little toggles to keep them closed. neato. :) I'll let you know how
they turn out. (in case you're wondering, i'm making them to organize my
gear so I don't have to dig around for 20 minutes trying to find my
journal or my flashlight).

then i went to old navy with my boyfriend. the store sucks for clothes,
but i found an FM headphone radio. it only picks up fm stations, but
there aren't any wires and it uses only 2 small calculator/watch
batteries. it's pretty lightweight, too. and the best part? it was only
$11.50. score two of the day.

next i went to the sports authority. i found supplex/lycra leggings for
only $25.00 (the only other ones I could find prior to this were
$36-45). score three! :)  i plan on using these for probably the entire
thru-hike. they're not as warm as the long underwear, but probably
lighter and my knees will be happy to be covered on those ch-ch-chilly
mornings.

--
Diana (^raven^) * http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven * Silver Spring, MD
raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu * Appalachian Trail '98 - Georgia ----> Maine