Re: [at-l] Solo Hiking

John wrote:

> with little or no problems.  Also, what are the odds of running into
> someone who is a threat to safety.. ie, convicts, etc...  I ask this
> because a few years back (so I've heard), there was a couple found murdered.

I have no figures to back this up, but you're probably statistically
safer from physical attack on the AT than you are in your home town.
Our dinky little rural county has had more murders by far than the AT.
And fifty times more likely to die in your car on the way there than
to be murdered on the AT. Otherwise, your safety is in large part up
to you.  Stay safe and hydrated and enjoy your hike!
						Kahley