[at-l] Re: LT & Nothern Vermont Flooding

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Brigitte wrote:
> Beau, did you mean August 12??  I'm planning on hiking the northern
> Vermont area.

Hello Brigitte,
	The flooding was on July 12.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I
should not write email with only 35hrs of sleep in ten days.  If you are
hiking the the AT/LT part of Vermont that area is south of the flood zone.
The AT leaves the LT at "Maine Jct." near Killigton and Rte 4.  The AT
uses the LT only the first 100+/- miles, S>N. in Vermont.  The flood area
is the last 75+/- miles of the LT.  Life along the trail should be fine by
then. Just be care full with the water.  Give my best wishes to your
daughter. Take care.......

Beau Bushor N1MJD
  "bleeder guy"
Burlington, Vermont