[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #342

> > > Can I go wrong by picking a Sierra Designs Clip Flashlite 2 as a > solo tent for a 50 mile trek?

> Now for the question. Has anyone carried a tent this heavy on a thru hike
> or even a hike of several weeks? Would you carry such a tent again or
> not?

Buttercup and I have been using a Eureka Timberlite for four years and
love it. It is freestanding and easy to set up, under six pounds and
large enuf to keep all our gear inside and still have plenty of room for
us without a vestibule. We have stayed dry and comfortable in some
fairly significant storms and in both snow and hot temps. We feel it
provides the biggest bang for the buck. We don't stay in shelters and a
good nights sleep is important to the success of the trip and the
Timberlight has met our needs.
Mongoose
Trenton, NC