Re: [at-l] Wondering about tents

A question about room vs weight. I have a "half dome"  from REI. It is
free standing and weights in at almost 5 pounds on the dot (tent, fly,
poles, pegs and stuff sack). I have never carried it for more than two
weeks at a time. I do like it because it is like a box car! (5' x 7' x
48" hight). I also like the free standing feature when the ground is
soaked and the wind is up.

Now for the question. Has anyone carried a tent this heavy on a thru hike
or even a hike of several weeks? Would you carry such a tent again or
not?