Another Hiking Story

I hope you aren't getting tired of reading about other peoples hikes.  Even
if you are, you really won't want to miss this one.  It's the saga of 7
women and one lovely dog hiking from Springer to Dick's Creek Gap.  The log
was kept by the youngest member of the group Alison,  the  18 year old
recent high school graduate, with input from Maggie Mom.  Maggie is also a
member of the AT-L but had been inactive due to teaching commitments.  Many
of the pictures were taken by Alisa, beautiful job!

Then there is the meeting on Blood Mountain with our very own Milt, and he
is as terrific as he seems on the list.  In fact, if you go to the web site
sited below, you will see an example of his artistry.  He did a beautiful
job on the web page.  The other members of the group are Pam, my banker,
Lucinda, my neighbor and Alisa and Glenna co-workers as well as good
friends.  Casey is my beloved dog.  I have promised her we will not do
anymore 16 mile days.  If you look carefully at the last picture on the
webpage, you can see she is smiling while sitting on the rock at Dick's
Creek Gap, probably hoping I'll keep  my promise.  I hope you find a little
pleasure from our adventure.

http://www.mindspring.com/~mfw/sisters/hike97.htm

Happy Trails

Gweneeth Conklin (MINC, Lone Wolverine, Curley, Trail Boss, and some names
not fit to mention on the net <G>)
Ann Arbor, MI