[at-l] Re: Jim's ultra light hike

Hi Mike, Jim and all other of like mind, (or lack of)
First, Mike you forgot your spoon. :-)
I used to think I was the only nut out there till I joined this list,
it's nice to know I have company. I like to do an overnighter or two like
this every summer and have gone "ultra light" a few  times in the fall
(check the weather). The longest was 3 days and 2 nights in Brice Canyon
Utah (don't remember the milage), It rained the last 2 days (summer in
Utah, just my luck) and I came out wet and HUNGRY. But it was warm and I
had a blast. I was able to cover a lot of territory off trail I would
have never seen with a backpack. I used a kletter sack (climbing pack)
and didn't carry a sleeping bag. The worst part was water, it's scarce in
Brice, but when it rained I used my bivi to catch water and had enough. I
haven't thought about that trip in a long time, thanks for reminding me.

woodelf