[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #332

: From: <dan@watson.ibm.com> (Walt Daniels)
: Subject: [at-l] The Mahosuc's
:
: We are doing the Mahosuc's the last week of July.  We plan to hike
: from Rt 2 to Grafton Notch (about 30 miles).  We generally do about 10
: miles per day.  The current schedule is 11 miles the first day to the
: campsite.  Then 9.6 miles to the shelter on Full Goose.  That leaves
: us with a little uphill and some down before getting to the bad stuff
: in the notch, so we should still be fresh for it.  If we make good
: time we will go all the way out, else we will stop at shelter at the
: top of the next peak.
:
: Is this reasonable or should we allow more time?
:
: * From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *
:
sounds like a pretty reasonable idea...........I've done this stretch 4
times over the past 25 yrs and it has never taken longer than 3 days, but
be prepared to come up out of the notch..........seems almost straight up!
a nice last night would be to carry water up Speck and camp near the
firetower (which has been recently repaired) catching a sunrise and or set
with awesome views..

enjoy
Maine Rune
S to K 96