[at-l] All The Way's Journal ( 6/29-7/3)

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Jan

Sunday 6/29 0.0 miles

Had A Good Time With Jan.  Good day!
Returned my Pur Scout to Nestor's in Allentown and picked up some new
gear.
All the Way

Monday 6/30 Pine Grove Furnace to Alec Kennedy Shelter 15.5 miles

Well Rested After The Weekend Off...good hiking today...passed the half
way point, hiking with Jan this morning...nice to be half way, but like
the Wallflower's sing..."There's gotta be somethin' better than bein' in
the middle".  White blazes...
All the Way

Tuesday 7/1 Alec Kennedy Shelter to Thelma Marks Memorial Shelter 25.5
miles

I Love The Trail In PA!.. great people at the ATC office in Boiling
Springs.  They even let me send some e-mail from their computer.  I took
an extended break there and another one at the Scott Farm.  I arrived at
the Darlington Shelter at about 6 and it was full, with several tenters
so I ate supper and figured what the hell, it's only seven more miles to
Thelma.  So, here I am, with the shelter to myself.  The trail is good!
All the Way

Wednesday 7/2 Thelma Marks Shelter to Duncannon, PA 4.1 miles

Greeting From The Doyle Hotel!...late start today, I just watched the
rain and read.  Meeting Jan again today!... good hiking - good trails-
lots of blackberries.  Life is good...
All the Way

Thursday 7/3 Duncannon to PA 225 8.5 miles

An Easy Day After A Good Nite at the Doyle Hotel with Jan and Rachel.
This has got to be some of the easiest hiking on the At so far.(But I
might be biased!)...tenting tonite with Jan.  PA trails are great...
All the Way