Re: [at-l] What I did on my summer vacation...

At 05:20 PM 6/29/97 PDT, Jim Mayer wrote:
>Mostly I wanted to pass on more experiences with camping with kids.  Most
>of these should be applicable to backpacking... we were tent camping using,
>mostly, my backpacking gear.  I suspect I was the only person at the
>campsites with a Whisperlite and a titanium pot!

I left out two:

(11) The Campmoor "Backpacker II" rain parkas for kids worked great and
neither kid minded wearing them.  Also, they pack down into nothing, don't
weigh much, and don't cost a whole lot.

(12) Don't worry about sleeping pads much.  Both kids ended up off the pad
and sleeping on gravel most nights.  Anything more than a foam pad for
insulation would be overkill.

-- Jim Mayer