Re: [at-l] Dogs in a tent???

Sponge and Skylar wrote:

A tail of a pooped pup<<G>>snipped

My dogs did do considerable damage to the floor of 'their' tent...
an el cheapo 7x7 dome with the heavy duty floor, until I found
extremely thin,<3/8 and light<4oz, closed cell foam pads for them.
I know it's extra weight, but with four dogs shuffling around all nite
for position<<G>> it was either that or start looking for a new cheapo.

When I bought my new tent, sized for just me and one or two dogs,
I knew right away to protect the lite nylon floor from their nails.
Again I use the same foam pads. One for me and one for them gives
good protection.  If I take a dog on my thru, we may switch to a
heavyweight space blanket when the weather warms, to save weight.
Maybe keep it in place with stick on velcro tabs.
Also some dog's nails are by nature, shorter than others and would,
of course, do less damage. And I have heard, although I can think of
no reason to believe it, that the oil from some dogs coats can affect
the coating on tent floors, causing peeling.

> Now, if I could get hikers to quit coming up and petting him because hes so
> cute!

Ditto....times four!			Kahley