Re: [at-l] Summer bag

Phil Romans wrote:

> Alright,
>         I have thought about it an I have come to the conclusion that I
> need a good lightweight summer bag.  Now, I have heard all the debates
> between fluff and down.  What I want to know is, who makes the best
> lightweight summer bags.  =)

geez, i can't stop typing! :)

anyways, i was looking into some summer bags too, but i didn't want to
spend alot of moolah for a bag that's only 40 - 55 degrees. Backpacker
magazine recently did a gear test on summer bags. I think the Western
Mountaineering "iroquois" got the best rating, but it's expensive. i
think ll bean is supposed to make a descent one too, but i sent for a
catalog, and still haven't received one. :P   blah

in the mean time me and my $20 fleece blanket will manage just fine
(especially with this nasty heat - i don't even want to think about
sleeping in a bag!).

--
Diana (^raven^) * http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven * Silver Spring, MD
raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu * Appalachian Trail '98 - Georgia ----> Maine