[at-l] Re: Down vs. fake fluff

   I've always followed the conventional wisdom about fake fluff being
better in the wet, but as I contemplate a thru hike I'm leaning towards
down. The weight does seem like it would make a difference. If you can
afford it the Dryloft shell seems like it would really help the bag stay
dry. Tim (aka Paddler) mentioned stuffing the bag in a waterproof bag. I'm a
paddler also and I've been thinking the a paddler's drybag would be great to
pack a down bag in for backpacking. Not as light as a plastic bag, but
certainly more durable.
   Mention was made of Campmor bags. I saw a synthetic one this past weekend
(the unfortunate Matt's). I was not at all impressed with the quality. Did
not look like it would hold up very long.
                                          Lucky Star
                                      GA 89 > ME 21st century