Re: [at-l] down v fake fluff?

<< I an certainly going for a synthetic. I do not like the idea of taking a
 down bag to
 a specialty cleaner and paying $40-60 when it gets smoky, sweaty or
 smelly. >>

There are 'down shampoos' out there.  You use them in  the bath tub w/ cold
water.  I have seen my uncle use one brand (don't know which) and other than
having to find a way tohang the bag to dry it, it seem s to work very well.

<<Check out www.campmor.com or call 800-230-2153 and ask for a catalog.>>

Campmor has some great deals on bags.  Alot of the time they have a special
of buy a bag and get a Thermarest (sometimes a ridgerest) free.  HTat is nice
to have.

<<Then, I
had the opportunity to use my sister's North Face 20 degree bag one
weekend.
Wow. wow. WOW. I actually got a terrific nights sleep, was toasty but not
too hot, and
felt great waking up. It was well worth the $160 she paid for it.>>

I agree completely!!  SOunds like the North Face Cat's Meow 20 degree bag.  I
love mine!  It's been from summers in W. Virginia to nights in the teens in
Colorado.  The Cat's Meow is lined w/ Thermastat too.  It is a version of
polypro and feels like getting into flannel sheets at night.   It makes that
bag feel even better when you crawl in after a long day.  :)