[at-l] Diagnosis/Prognosis

At about 4:30 yesterday (the 19th) I sent the following message to both the
AT-L and ATML.  I'm wondering if anyone ever received it.  Felix subscribes
to both lists and hasn't received it, but my mailer notes that it was sent.
 My sincere apologies to anyone who has to suffer through duplications of
this message, but here it is again:

I have just returned from my HMO health center where I found out that my
problem is bursitis.  The bursa, which lies between the large hip muscle and
a tendon,  (as I understand) is inflamed and filled with fluid.  I have to
quit hiking for a while, take an anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks (and possibly
2 more weeks after that).  Then I can begin to resume exercise, initially at
about a 25% level to determine if there is no more pain.

I asked when I might reasonably expect to be able to get back to the trail
with a full (although lighter) pack, and was told I might be ready by the end
of the summer.

So there you have it folks, the Gypsy is temporarily out of order, but THE
GYPSY WILL RETURN!   (And Smoky told me, in dog language of course, "Honey,
you ain't goin NOWHERE without me!)

Marty (Gypsy)