[at-l] thru hikers

I too have felt the "wrath" (perhaps to strong a word) of thru-hikers.
Over the years I have been lucky enough to enjoy parts of the Trail in my
area of the country...Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia.  There is
something to be said about being able to spend your weekends on one of
the most beautiful places on earth.  Someday when family obligations are
less  I will complete the rest of the Trail.   I've noticed some the
thru-hikers I've talked to have left me with the impression I was
imposing on their party by taking a space in a shelter.  This seemed
unfortunate because our group of friends always go out of our way to
share a meal or water or snacks ( or anything we have for that matter)
with any thru-hikers we meet.  I've often thought someday I'll get to do
that too, but for now my children must come first.
I hope those of us who enjoy the Trail can make room for all of those
folks who would want to spend time there.  I often think how thankful we
should be to those who have gone before us and paved the way with those
thousands of white trail blazes that help us find our way.  What
forethought they had....unbelieveable!!!

             Later...... and Happy Trails to ALL!!!!    TNHIKER