[at-l] Maine shuttle

J.S. Kote asked about shuttling his car in the hundred mile wilderness.
Contact Keith Shaw in Monson.  Besides running a hostel, shuttling hikers is
his business.  I don't know what he charges, but I know he spends a lot of
time driving people to and from Baxter. You could leave your car at his
place and hike south from Katahdin, or hike north out of Monson and arrange
for him to pick you up 10 days later at Baxter.  Or, if you aren't postive
about timing, call him from Abol Bridge.  Have fun - the wilderness is
beautiful.  (parts of it are pretty tough - especially the first bit through
the Chairbacks.  It isn't quite the walk in the park that Backpacker made it
seem a few years ago.)

ginny