[at-l] Re: AT first time

OK, I remember hiking the approach trail from Amicalola Falls to Springer
Mountain and seeing that first white blaze. As a young boy scout, it captured
my imagination that those blazes lead more than 2,000 miles from that spot to
a mountain in Maine. The seeds for an AT thru-hike were planted that day.

Another special blaze memory was of taking our now 6-year-old daughter
Griffin to the A.T. for the first time. We were working on our regular
section of trail (Wayah Gap to Wayah Bald which we maintained for NHC for
several years). She was just 3 months old and will never remember it, but
I'll never forget first making that connection between my baby girl and the
A.T. Today she loves to hike and wants to piece together the A.T. in sections
(we've already started here in Georgia with her).

-Frank

FrankLogue@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/franklogue