Re: [at-l] Youghegheny hiking

Galen Wilkerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently returned to the Swallow Falls/ Muddy Creek area.  Wow!  It is
> beautiful.
>
> Does anyone know if there are some long trails in that area?  For
> instance, is it possible to hike along the Yough for many miles?
> Only a small part of it is public land.
>
> Please let me know.  Gotta go there again soon.
> -Galen

Hiya....
Here's a link for a page about the Yough Trail
http://www1.pitt.edu/~mbebic/yough
This is a rail trail about??? miles so I don't know if that fills your
bill.
Also in the Area is the LHHT..Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail
but that's a ridge trail with shelters a la AT.

http://parec.com/state_parks/laurregn.htm   is a link for the State
Parks in the region,,maybe you can find some info there.

And here is a link to the KTA...our state hiking affiliation.
Maybe you'll find something there.....
http://www.reston.com/kta/kta.html

One of our listers lives and hikes in the area and may
have some info for you but she is currently off list...hiking down
south.  I will forward your post to her. Maybe once she gets home and
catches her breath she can help you...Hope this helps   Kahley