Re: [at-l] Asolo Boots

James P. Lynch wrote:

> Hi, and thanks for replies to my last post (knees, etc.).  Looked at a
> pair of Asolo boots over the weekend and they looked pretty good.  Still
> have to look at some more sizes.  Any experiences with this brand,
> especially in terms of support for feet/arches?  (I know there was a
> thread on boots awhile ago).
> Thanks.  Jim Lynch NTNY

Jim,

I have a pair of Asolo Pinnacles and I put some Super Soles in them. My
feet are almost flat and I have yet to have problems. No blisters at all
on my last hike of close to 70 miles. I've had Danners and Raicheles and
I found these Asolos to be the most comfortable. I have about 200 miles
on them. My feet are wide with narrow heels, but I"m not getting any
major movement in the heel area. My hot spots are on the balls of my
feet and big toes. I prevent blisters here by taping those spots before
I hike.

Peter H. Fornof
http://www.plantnet.com/~athiker