[at-l] Chris McCandless

I read an article on him a few years ago - as I remember part of the problem
was he had no experience in living off the land - didn't know how to trap or
what foods were edible, for example.  The other problem is he had no maps -
a bridge was within a few miles, but he didn't know about it so couldn't
cross the stream.

Another good one along those lines is Arctic Daughter - about a couple who
went to Alaska to live off the land - built a cabin and survived mostly by
pure luck as they made a lot of mistakes due to inexperience.

A lot of people think we are crazy to attempt the CDT - truth is, they are
right.

Ginny O.