Re: [at-l] I can relate...

It's been my experience that at one time or another everybody thinks someone
else is crazy for what he/she wants to do.  For example:

I recently went hang gliding, up to 1500 feet.  People who routinely alpine
ski looked at me and told me I was crazy.  Well, maybe, but not any crazier
than they are considering my experience with alpine skiing.

Some folks I went hot air ballooning with once were talking afterward about
how they wouldn't go parachuting.  Think on that one for a moment.  I know
there are differences, but if the mechanism doesn't work, well then, you're
still crashing to earth.

I know some paddlers that don't like bikers, etc. etc. etc.

Stories like that really strike a nerve with me 'cuz if  you have to step on
others to make yourself feel better about whatever it is you do, regardless
of the content of what you do, then all you're really doing is showing how
insecure you are about the choices you make.

I guess I've said enuff.