Re: [at-l] Re:JaNan Express/Tag-along

Linda Patton wrote:

> To Steve, et al,
>         I just got off the phone with a morphine-high Jan.  Her kinfolk
> aren't at the hospital yet, and surgery on her leg probably won't happen
> until this evening.  In the meantime, she's pretty doped up.  But not too
> out of it to ask me to send *heartfelt thanks* to the wonderful people who
> helped her:
>         First of all, COYOTE and WING who took turns piggy-backing her to
> the shelter.  And LAZY DAISY and FREE SPIRIT who knew exactly how to help
> her feel better during the wait for the BLAND RESCUE SQUAD (?) and the
> BLAND COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT.(?).  And the other hikers, BRIAR, RED
> (is this the RED from Red Hook, NY that I met at Spring Mtn. Shelter in
> NC?), and KLIPSPRINGER.  She thinks all of you are just wonderful people!!
> Actually, she thinks all us hikers are great.  :)
>         So if anyone out there sees these folks, please pass on her
> thank-you.  --  "Earthworm"

I called Jan today too and the morphine was still working. She said that
she forgot to thank one other person, Don, and she wanted me to relay
this on the net. She said she was getting ready to go to surgery to
repair two breaks; one of the fibia and one of the tibia. Ouch!

Pete Fornof
http://www.plantnet.com/~athiker