Re: [at-l] filter story

Emily Reith wrote:

> But the great part of this story is that when I called PUR to find out
> where I could get replacements for the hose and pre-filter, they took down
> my name and address and said it would be put in the mail today or tomorrow
> at no charge to me!  I even told them what happened (which was clearly my
> fault) and they still are replacing everything for free!

I wanted to share my filter story too!

On the hike with Snail-no-More, ke kehaawe and Waterboy before trail
days, i was using (along with alot of other people) my sweetwater
guardian. over the course of 3 days, the pump action was still easy, but
it was leaking water around the top.

yada, yada, yada... i go to trail days and see the sweetwater people who
say they'll take a look at it to make sure it wasn't the pump. i tell
the guy i'll be back after the talent show. when i arrive, the booth is
dismantled, but a brand new filter is waiting for me! I thought that was
really cool. he looked at it and said it might just be a dirty filter,
but he still let me keep the new filter. :) what classy guys!

and just to let you know, Emily - i have only used my filter maybe 10
times - and 90% of that out of a waterbag and it still got cloggy. makes
you think twice about filtering directly out of the watersource. :P

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven