Re: [at-l] Hiking next weekend

Galen Wilkerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My girlfriend and I are interested in getting better at hiking
(snip)

 I have all the equipment I
> need.
>
> However, my girlfriend doesn't.  We are wondering what would be a good way
> to get into it.

You might look into renting equipment.  Many outfitters will rent
backpacks, sleeping bags, etc.  This allows you to check out equipment &
get started without running up a huge bill.  The one piece of critical
equipment I don't think you should rent, however, is a good pair of
hiking boots.  I'd make this a priority if dollars are scarce.

Have fun!

-Priest