[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Cliff Bars Vs. Cereal - any diff?
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Cliff Bars Vs. Cereal - any diff?
- From: Ken Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 14:33:46 -0400
- Organization: Wake Forest University
Looking at the equivalent calorie values for a Clif bar and cereal, I
suppose they would weigh the same, but the Clif bar would be a lot more
compact and less prone to getting crunched in a pack. Also, the Clif bar
contains no wheat flour, just rice flour and oats, (I think), and no
refined sugar. They are also, IMHO, easier to eat. (I eat a lot of
cereal/granola out of a bag for breakfast, and the bars are easier to
eat while walking/taking a short break.)
Still, the cost difference is pretty high, especially for a long trip.
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *