Re: [at-l] White Mountain National Forest User Fees (fwd)

> I ran into this also.  I spoke to a AMC rep. at the Franconia Notch
> info. center and she told me that 100% of the fees are going directly
> back into trail maintenance, unlike the Hut fees.

Geez, you mean AMC uses hut fees to pay for the food and
maintenance going into the huts?  I'm shocked and appalled :-)

Interesting that AMC also claims such insight into USFS operations.
I'd be willing to bet the administrative overhead on the parking fee
program is greater than zero...meaning that the amount of money going
from the new fees into trail maintenance will be less than 100 percent.

jim