[at-l] Northbounder in NY!

     My wife & I were out on the AT, on our weekend day hike, when I
     came upon a fully-loaded, lean, fit backpacker.  I asked if he
     might be an early thru-hiker, and he replied that indeed he was!

     We asked some usual questions:  he had started at Springer in
     January; it was a mild winter; he was doing well feet &
     injury-wise; he figured he was carrying a 35lb load.  While he
     had heard of Wingfoot's & ALDHA's electronic forums, there was no
     one in particular I could pass along a "hello" to.  As he seemed
     a little shy or eager to get along, we said our goodbye's &
     goodluck's and parted.

     About two minutes later, I realized that in my stunned amazement
     to see a thru-hiker up here this early I had forgotten to ask his
     name!!  So, if any of you who might be following or have met some
     of the early-goers have an idea, I'd appreciate a reply.  Just
     curious.

     Distinguishing characteristics include medium build, brown hair,
     a wristwatch & spherical compass on shoulder strap, a burlap roll
     strapped on, and a quiet demeanor.  [I realize this is slim]

     FYI & Thanks!
     John & Anne Jones

     NY AT in '97