[at-l] Possible solution to journal problem

I have really missed being able to read the hiking
journals on the atml list.  The couple that are posted
on the at-l list are enjoyable and helpful.

Also it occurred to me that all the hikers who were
told that their journals would be posted to atml must
be disappointed that their work is not getting out
as expected.  But I understand that the atml listserv
is unable to handle the load.

So I was wondering if people who are in contact with
the journal hikers or who see them this weekend at
trail days would ask for their permission to post them
to the at-l list?  If most give their permission
then some plan could be set up to send them out in
a slow and steady manner so as not to overrun the
at-l list as there is quite a backlog at this point.

Once you got permission you could post to the list
that you have it, so the journal hikers wouldn't
be asked over again.  Also there would need to be a
way to send a photocopy to a transcriber.

Sharon
gordonse@iac.net