[at-l] Duct Tape and Old Sleeping Pads

With the advent of high-tech pads I didn't trash my old
closed-cell foam pads. The material is a good insulator, and I'm big
on cold canned beverages.

A good ultra-light beverage cooler can be made out of the stuff. Make
it large enough for six cans arranged three-by-three with a blue-ice
thingie in the middle. It can be held together with duct tape, and is
just the right size to fit nicely into most day packs. (I've even packed away six
cold ones for an overnighter.) It'll keep things cold for about 10
hours if the weather's not too hot.

Richard