Re: [at-l] The Smokies

On 15 May 97 at 10:22, tfort wrote:

> I'm going to be in the Smokies all next week.  What are the temps
> like at 3-4000 ft. ?  I'm trying to decide if I want to bring a long
> sleeve shirt for use during the day.  Is it warn enough to leave the
> weight behind?

I was at Roan Mtn last weekend -- further North and 6200+ feet --
and there were still patches of snow underneath some bushes.  At
mid-day I was fine with just a long sleeve flannel shirt.  At 3-4000
ft, I would at least have something like a thin flannel shirt or a
long sleeve mid-weight inner layer for early morning, late
afternoon.

Jim