[at-l] All the Way's Journal (4/26-4/28)

Did you know that some of the Old Testament prophets of the Bible
prophesied in the nude? ...think God was trying to say something that
offended a lot of religious folks of the day! The message and the
messenger were more radical than most today can bear!  Brings great
light to the fact that Jesus said He came to fulfill the messages of the
prophets ...
Sorry for my 2 bits, especially preceeding Bob's Journal...I thought I'd
type while I was thinking...Please no flame wars...Chalk it up to Jan
thinking and practicing typing skills at the same time. A very funny new
toy for me!:)><= (me standing on tin can stilts)
Okay back to the trail...Jan

Saturday 4/26 The Nolichucky River to Curley Maple Gap Shelter 4.2 miles

An Easy Day today to nurse a sore head.  Had a great time last night
with the pizzas, beers, and probably about two hours on the phone home
to Janice and the kids! I'm really looking forward to our planned
rendezvous in Pearisburg!
Rain in the forecast for the next several days... probably be snow on
Unaka Mtn. or Roan High Bluff.
Life is good.  Gotta go...

4/26 continued...
In the shelter tonite: Tattoo Ted, Seeker, Sage Sister, Ramblin Rose,
the Bean Man, Far From Pukin', and Julie.  Camping are a score more at
least.

Sunday  4/27  Curley Maple Gap Shelter to Clyde Smith Shelter 20.9 miles

Unaka Mtn. (5,180 feet), with it's spruce trees ... incredible!  Walking
through the clouds there, made it seem like a journey to another world.
...cloudy with some showers today - good hiking.  Here tonite are:
Hunter (section hiker), Julie, Yokel, Far From (who did a 20 miler
today), and Hidalgo.
Gotta go to sleep...

Monday 4/28  Clyde Smith Shelter to Apple House Shelter 19.6 miles

Roan Mountain Kicked My Butt!  I was tired to start with after doing a
20 something yesterday ,but after I got warmed up (over Roan High
Knob,over the Balds, and over Hump Big & Little Mountain),it felt good
to keep walking:)
I got to see Beavis today! ...at about 2 miles south of Apple House
Shelter.  He said, "Hey, you were the guy with the chick in the car,
that gave me a little trail magic and said that we would meet again at
trail daze."  He had a cardboard cut-out of Kathy Ireland holding a
beer.  She was strapped on to the back of his pack.  He said that she
was always the first one into the tent.  He must get a little bit lonely
southbounding...or, the cardboard cut-out is really a just add water,
freeze dried Kathy.
Rained much of the day.  The trail was very muddy.  It was down hill mud
skiing in places.  Raining hard now, pretty fair light show is goin' on
too!
Janice & the kids, I love you!

All the Way