Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 05:46:41 -0500
From: Joey Parker <jparker@dbtech.net>
Subject: [at-l] road to Deep Gap, NC

My son and I are planning a 50 mile section hike from Neels Gap to Deep
Gap, NC in mid-May.

The trail guide to NC-GA says there is a road access to Deep Gap, NC that
is at the end of a 6 mile, one-lane, gravel Forest Service road (USFS 71).
Access to this road is just west of the Clay-Macon county line off US 64.

1) Is this road easily traveled by a car/pickup?

2) Is the entrance to the road **easily** found from US 64?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Joey Parker
Tuscaloosa, AL