[at-l] Sneakers

Calling all sneaker Hikers,

	I decided to go the sneaker route while hiking.  Just about any pair of
boots I've ever worn have given me blisters after walking/hiking several
miles even after I thought the boots were broken in.  So I went and
bought a pair of Nike Gridstar Crosstrainers, put on a 35lb pack and
took of on a day hike thru an area of the AT here in New York that has
just about every kind of terrain.  The sneakers held up great,  no
blisters,  the sneakers being lighter left me with more control and more
feel of the ground under me. I've done the same hike with boots and I
had alot more energy left in my tank when the hike was over.
	I'm interested in finding out the other types of sneakers that other
sneaker hikers wear and any other positives as well as negatives of
sneaker hiking.

Andy (Brown Hawk)