Re: [at-l] LL Bean Cresta Leather Hikers

At 11:21 AM 5/7/97 -0400, HOLMES, MARK wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience with LL Bean's Cresta Leather Hikers?

Can't say that I've experienced their Leather hikers, but I swear by LL
Bean's service.  Several years ago, I bought the Merrill light summer hikers
from them (they were the "LL Bean special edition" of the Merrills -- the
only difference was the little tag that said "LL Bean" instead of
"Merril"...ooh, how "special").  Anyway, after a full summer of 4,000
footers, stream crossings, mud wrestling -- you know, my usual summer
activities -- the sole on the right one started separating from the boot.  I
was ready to bring it somewhere and pay to have it replaced but on the
advice from a friend, I called LL Bean and told them what happened.  I was
completely honest about what I had put the boots through that summer and
everything and they told me to send them back.  I thought I would just get
the same old boots with a new sole.  Boy, was I surprised when -- within a
week -- I received a brand new pair of boots!

So, LL Bean is good.  My 2 cents...
:)
Poohbear
Jennifer Delia Sawyer	|	"Be the best you can be
Hall Director		|	in the place that you are;
Department of Residential Life	|	and be kind.
University of New Hampshire	|	Kind to yourself,
Durham, NH  03824		|	Kind to others and
(603) 862-3812		|	Kind to the land."
jdsawyer@hopper.unh.edu	|		-- Helen Neering