Re: [at-l] lawlessness

At 08:43 AM 5/6/97 -0400, you wrote:

>George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Patrik Henry and the militia were
>back here now.  It's a country founded on Christian principles that have
>all but disappeared.

"The government of the United States was in no sense founded on the
Christian religion."
-George Washington

" Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies soley between Man
and his God, I contemplate with solemn reverence the act of the whole
American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law
respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise
thereof' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State"
- Thomas Jefferson

*************

	Now, tell me again how this country was founded on Christian principles?

 Say you are against nude hiking, fine. Say you don't want people to do it
because others might be offended, fine. But please do not turn this into a
moral diatribe about "rum, romanism, and rebellion".  I read this list to
discuss, I know this is a radical concept, HIKING.

 So to end this rant of mine, if one is to discuss hiking issues and the
pros and cons thereof..great! But please, oh please do not bring any
political and/or moral agenda into this discussion. I do not see how we can
go from great recipes for dehydrators to "nude hiking athiests who scare
clothed religious missionaries" ;).

Ok..back to lurking mode and hopefully some backpacking topics.

-Paul

ps. my own .02 on hiking nude.. not for me, but maybe for thee.