[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [at-l] Boiling water and moth balls!



I have read and now can't remember where that none of the known
micromonster can live at temperatures above +170F. Can one of our
resident microbiologist confirm or correct this?

I have also heard that certain toxins are heat stable (unchanged when
cooked/boiled) so killing the buggers that contaminated the food is not
enough. This was the explanation given for getting "food poison" from
cooked foods which were precontaminated. Can anyone shed some light on
this also? Hopeful
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/lists *

==============================================================================