Re: [at-l] God and religion as an excuse

Can we all please take this off-line?!  Someone made the point earlier that
this thread is definitely off the list topic, which is the Appalachian
Trail in case anyone has forgotten.  As the posts get more and more
defensive and even somewhat angry, I get the feeling a lot of people on
both sides of the issue are getting uncomfortable (including myself).  As a
Christian, I definitely see the need for religious debate and the
questioning of beliefs, even my own, but that is not the purpose of this
list.  If I want to debate it on-line, I'll join a different list, thank
you very much!  I subscribed to this list so I could live vicariously
through others out hiking and pick up some tips for myself should I ever be
lucky enough to hit the Trail one day.  I don't want to see my beliefs
being attacked daily or other people's beliefs being attacked, yet this has
been the topic of a lot of the posts the last few days.

Okay, off the soapbox and back to work (and back to lurking)!

-Janet