Re: [at-l] avoiding dirty dishes

> Dan Gould wrote:
>
> > So before my
> > recent section hike I was trying to come up with a way to avoid dirty
> > dishes. I got an idea from those freeze-dried meals that you just add
> > hot water to and eat right out of the bag

Dan,

	I too hate dirty dishes. A dishwasher was my first appliance in my new
house. I like to use ziplocks for "Jello instant puddings". I add the
correct amount of pudding powder and milk powder to a baggie. Then I
just fill with water to the line (previously drawn on bag), stir, let
set and eat.
	Boiling bags are nice too. I use smaller oven roasting bags.
Prepackaged with my dry meals. Just add water and sit the whole bag in a
pan of boiling water.
	I like to clean my pan as soon after a meal as possible. Cleanup is
easier when your meals are a little more watery than usuall. A thick pan
of mac+cheese is a lot harder to clean than a slightly soupy one.
	When I have an extra container available I will put some hot water in
it while cooking. This hot water makes cleanup easier too.

chase
--
http://www.neocomm.net/~cdavidso/chat.html    New and Improved  :-)
http://www.neocomm.net/~cdavidso              and possibly working