Re: [at-l] Nudity

> Jim Hill Jr wrote:

> Slim... I agree with you on everything you said.  But you have to
> remember the sport of backpacking, because of the "escape" that it
> offers, attracts the long haired, dope smoking, maggot infested,
> psychopath types that have a natural taste for rejecting order in
> society (maybe I have some of those qualities myself!).

"Hey Deputy Fred, what we got here?"
"Looks like some of them damn long haired hippy dope-smokin' vagrants"
"Better run 'em in"
"What we gonna book 'em fer?"
"Uh, disorderly conduct, that oughtta work"

Dude, surely you jest. I'll tell you a few things, I have very short hair
conservative looking hair, am not mentally ill or nursing a psychopathic
condition, and am clean and not maggot infested. BUT, I do smoke DOPE,
MARIJUANA, POT, WEED, REEFER, GANJA, WACKY BACKY, LEFTHANDED LUCKYS.

Consider this:

God made marijuana
Man made beer
Who do you trust?

Do you watch TV? Biggest, most addicting drug around. Makes complete mush
of your mind. I threw my TV in a dumpster three years ago, I bet you
watched cable last night

> Nature,
> Mother Earth, etc. are the gods of the New Age environmentalists that
> "worship the creation rather than the creator."  Don't expect people
> like this to understand your values.

I think these people understand your values, they just don't agree with
them. This country was founded on tolerance for others, unfortunately that
concept was lost somewhere along the way

> I think it would be damaging to young girls to "run into" nude hikers
> on the trail.  That's just too much for a child to have to deal
> with.

Surely you intend this to be sarcastic? If not, we operate on mental
planes that are 180 degrees out of phase (I'm really holding my tongue at
this point to not start a flame war)

 The AT is a "do your own thing" kind of place and since there
> is no longer any such thing as decency and standards in our society,
> it may not be a place for your group.  It's a shame, but I'd
> recommend taking them to a local State Park that has stricter
> guidelines and more of a family atmosphere.

And if we "protect" our youth from the vile evils of the world just how
the hell are they going to function on their own? The wildest, craziest
kids are the preacher's children, ask anyone......do you think that that
is just some huge coincidence or a direct reflection of the overly
sheltered environment they live in?

Do you restrict your children from watching the Discovery Channel
(probably the only thing worthwhile on TV other than PBS and the weather
channel)
because they might see a naked man or woman?

"Those who seek to push their restrictions and values upon others are
 small men with smaller minds"   ----Will Strickland-----

The two nicest friendliest groups of people I've ever dealt with are the
hiking community and the hippie/deadhead community

Just My $2 (inflation you know)

Will Strickland -ANTELOPE- ME->GA '97
"May the four winds blow you safely home..."
  -- Grateful Dead--
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu