Re: [at-l] Hotfoot

On 28 Apr 97 at 17:45, Sandra Downs wrote:

> Besides powder, any other recommendations for avoiding friction
> burns while hiking? Bottoms of my feet got rather red roadwalking.
> No sweat in socks, so it must be friction. Will be off list later
> this week so immediate replies gratefully accepted...

Go to an Army/Navy surplus store and get some "100 mph tape."  Cut
whatever size section you need and stick it directly on to your feet.
The stuff is thinner than moleskin so you'll never even notice it
being there.  Eventually (10+ or so miles) the sweat from your foot
will loosen it up just enough for you to peel it off.  Works like a
charm.  Lotsa luck on your trip!

Jim