[at-l] Baxter closing

>Hope you can average 15 + m/d.  Baxter Pk. closes to others by
>mid-Oct.

>We have 149 days until Baxter Pk. closes. 5 months should not be a
>problem, I think we should make it with about 2 weeks to spare. 14.6 will
>put us their in time, we will have pushed 16+ m/d after a while.

>Thank you all,

>Timothy R. Knight
>GA>ME '97

Though the official closing date is 10/15, I know of many thru hikers who
finished after the 15th and so I would say that "deadline" is not really
cast in stone......you may have to wait a few days for the right weather to
climb the big "K", but it is definitely do-able after 10/15

Maine Rune S to K '96